The National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported areas who are pursing full-time, research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited U.S. institutions.
Please make your CISE undergraduate seniors and first-year graduate students aware of this significant source of support – and the many benefits of the program, which include the following:
– More freedom in choosing research topics;
– More time to conduct research;
– Greater choice of research advisors;
– Prestige of the fellowship, which can lead to future opportunities; and
– Guaranteed support for a period of time in a graduate student’s career.
And for institutions:
– High-quality graduate students selected by an independent competitive process;
– Financial support; and
– Prestige – fellowship recipients enhance institutions’ national images.
Additional information on the program may be found at https://www.nsf.gov/grfp and http://www.nsfgrfp.org.