The International Learning Sciences Student Association (ILSSA) is a formal committee of the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) that aims to serve as an international community for all students of the learning sciences. ILSSA’s mission is to support and develop the intellectual, social, and professional development of graduate and undergraduate students in the field of learning sciences and within ISLS.
The goals of ILSSA include:
- Create opportunities for dialogue through conferences, publications, websites, social networking sites, committees, and other member initiatives
- Promote community, interdisciplinarity, and intellectual exchange among students
- Advocate for and support active student engagement at ISLS conferences
- Facilitate and support dedicated student sessions at ISLS conferences in collaboration with the Society and conference organizers
- Work with ISLS, committees, and other ISLS members in advocating for student interests
Advocate for and support student-focused initiatives, such as mentorship meet-ups, workshops, webinars, and resources.
ILSSA was created for students, by students, and you are invited to join to continue to develop the association. All student members of ISLS are automatically part of ILSSA. Join the conversation via Slack or Facebook, both open to all students of the learning sciences (including non-members of ISLS).
You can also learn more about and apply for vacant roles of the interim ILSSA committee:
Vacant – Treasurer (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Asia-Pacific Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Europe/UK Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Global South Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
ILSSA Committee members can serve multiple terms and following June 2020, these roles will be elected/acclaimed by ISLS student members.
We look forward to seeing many of you in Nashville, Tennessee, USA for ICLS 2020 where we will have our launch event (details forthcoming).
On behalf of the ILSSA,
Chris Ostrowdun – Interim co-chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sree Sankaranarayanan – Interim co-chair (email@example.com)
Tugce Aldemir – Interim Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joey Huang – Interim Membership and Outreach (email@example.com)