Extended Deadline for Receipt of Materials: February 7, 2020
ISLS has announced a call for nominations for the 2020 International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) fellows. The ISLS Fellows program has three main goals:
- Honor those who have made major research accomplishments in advancing the field of the Learning Sciences.
- Identify people who continue to take leadership roles in ISLS and serve as role models for others in the field.
- Build a respected cohort of leaders who sustain the ISLS community and advance its broader value and visibility.
ISLS invites nominations for the fourth cohort of ISLS fellows. Fellows must meet the following criteria:
- 4 of last 6 years years as ISLS member (this information can be checked by emailing email@example.com)
- Senior scholar as indicated by 8 years post Ph. D./Ed. D. or equivalent learning sciences accomplishments
- Record of distinguished and sustained contributions to the learning sciences. (e.g., a high-impact portfolio of work, design of widely-used learning technologies)
- Sustained leadership in the learning sciences (e.g., through service to ISLS, high-profile mentoring roles, national/ international community building, and/or journal editorial service)
Submitted nominations must include the following:
- Letter of nomination that explains how the nominee meets the criteria (maximum length = 2 pages).
- Current CV of the nominee
- One example publication or link to creative product
- 1 additional letter of support with a maximum of one page.
Criteria for Nominators and Support Letter Writers:
- The nominator must be a current ISLS member, from an institution differing from that of the nominee.
- Nominators and writers of supporting letters should not have mentored or been the mentee of the individual being nominated
- Either the nomination letter or the support letter must come from a current ISLS fellow. Fellows may write no more than two letters [nomination or letter of support]. See the list of current ISLS fellows.
Send nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org