Friday November 4th, from 11-12 pm Pacific / 2-3 pm Eastern
- Slides (PDF)
- Webinar recording (Adobe Connect)
The 2017 ACM Interaction Design & Children conference (IDC 2017) will take place June 27-30 at Stanford University, chaired by Paulo Blikstein (Stanford) & Dor Abrahamson (Berkeley). In honor of Seymour Papert, the conference theme is: Logo, the Next 50 Years.
This webinar will be structured as a discussion with conference co-chair Paul Blikstein to highlight the benefits of submitting to IDC2017 and tips for writing a successful paper.
IDC 2017 welcomes submissions in the form of full papers, notes, demonstrations, workshops, courses, work in progress / late breaking, and interactive child experiences. There is also a call for participants to submit to the doctoral consortium and for later submission to our Research and Design Competition. Submissions to all tracks (except the research and design competition for which a separate call will be announced) are invited on the following topics:
- Innovative interactive technologies for children
- Theoretically motivated arguments regarding interaction design and children
- Empirical studies concerned with the interaction of children and technology
- Methods and techniques supporting interaction design and children
- Studies of the effects of technology on children’s lives and development
- Reflective analyses on the field of child computer interaction and interaction design
- Constructive design research for and with children
- Studies discussing the involvement of children in the design process
- Future vision articles, discussing trends and directions for the field
Full Papers and Notes: 26 January 201722 February 2017, 11:59pm Pacific Time (PDT)
Demos, Late Breaking / Work in Progress, Doctoral Consortium: 25 March 2017, 11:59pm Pacific Time (PDT)
The IDC 2017 Conference website.
Blikstein, P. (2016, November). Submitting to the 2017 ACM Interaction Design & Children conference (IDC 2017) [Webinar]. In CIRCL Webinar Series. Retrieved from http://circlcenter.org/events/submitting-to-idc-2017/