Monday, June 2, 2014 from 3pm – 4pm Eastern Time
An informational webinar on the current solicitation by the NSF Cyberlearning and Future Learning Technologies Program, geared towards those individuals seeking to submit Integration proposals, due July 14, 2014.
- Webinar recording with audio, slides, and Q&A discussion
- Presentation slides and transcript
- Summary of Q&A
Synopsis of Cyberlearning and Future Learning Technologies Program:
The purpose of the Cyberlearning and Future Learning Technologies program is to integrate opportunities offered by emerging technologies with advances in what is known about how people learn to advance three interconnected thrusts:
- Innovation: inventing and improving next-generation genres (types) of learning technologies, identifying new means of using technology for fostering and assessing learning, and proposing new ways of integrating learning technologies with each other and into learning environments to foster and assess learning;
- Advancing understanding of how people learn in technology-rich learning environments: enhancing understanding of how people learn and how to better foster and assess learning, especially in technology-rich learning environments that offer new opportunities for learning and through data collection and computational modeling of learners and groups of learners that can be done only in such environments; and
- Promoting broad use and transferability of new genres: extracting lessons from experiences with these technologies that can inform design and use of new genres across disciplines, populations, and learning environments; advancing understanding of how to foster learning through effective use these new technologies and the environments they are integrated into.
Kolodner, J. (2014, June 2). NSF Cyberlearning Integration (INT) Proposal Webinar [Webinar]. In CIRCL Webinar Series. Retrieved from http://circlcenter.org/events/nsf-cyberlearning-int-proposal-webinar/