We had several Hashtag Bingo winners at the Summit! Hashtag Bingo is a modified version of Bingo designed to both build community and develop a shared cyberlearning language game played by listening and match the words you hear during the Cyberlearning Summit against words and phrases on 5×5 matrices.
How to Play the Game
- Each player is issued one or two cards. Multiple players can play at the same time.
- The player can mark a space (with a pen or small token) when s/he hears a word called out during one of the cyberlearning talks or panels.
- The first person to get 5 in a row across horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins.
- The winner is usually required to call out the word “Bingo!”, but because this is Hashtag Bingo, the winner should take a picture of themselves with their winning card and Tweet this photo with the hashtag #summitbingo. This alerts the other players and caller of a possible win. (Alternately, email your photo to email@example.com and CIRCL staff will tweet it for you.)
- On the back of the card, the player should note when or what session or who spoke the word for each of the winning spaces. This allows all wins to be checked for accuracy before the win is officially confirmed.
- Winner(s) are announced, a prize is secured, and then a new game is begun
- Can I play more than one card at a time? Yes, but at most two.
- Do I have to clear my board after a winner is called? No. You can keep playing until you are a winner.
- What if I don’t want my personal photo on the Internet? You may simply tweet that you won, and send a picture of your card.
- What are the prizes? Gifts cards will be issued to lucky winners up to 4 online winners and 4 onsite winners.